In ~2014 I noticed a local animal shelter’s site had been hacked. Google showed a malicious site warning, and the site itself contained many spammy URLs. When I approached the shelter about the problem, they expressed interest in a whole-site redesign.
The attempt in this site was to create as autonomous as possible of a site, reducing volunteer hours spent maintaining a site. The only thing shelter volunteers have to update on a consistent basis is their Happy Tails (successful adoptions) which is just a small custom post type. Everything else — events, animal listings, galleries — is powered by other services they already use (e.g., Instagram and Facebook). No more duplicate updates, yay!
In January 2016, I made some adjustments to the site, including the gallery, header, menu, and footer alterations.